This website offers services and information for IT professionals. It is imperative for us to understand how we can help you best and what you are mostly concerned about. We also must understand what you don’t care about so that we don’t waste resources on doing something that is irrelevant for you.
Therefore, we must collect data so that we can:
- Provide our services with newsletters, webinars, videos or other means.
- Perform and evaluate surveys and user interviews that you volunteer to do.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we believe you might like.
In particular, we collect:
- Data your browser automatically submits when accessing this website.
- Personal identification information (such as your name and email address) if you register with our services.
We collect personal information in accordance with the provisions of international data protection statutes. The legal frameworks for data protection are the ECPA (Electronic Communications Privacy Act), the GDPR (European General Data Protection Regulation), the BDSG (German Federal Data Protection Act) and the TMG (German Telemedia Act). The provider responsible pursuant to Art. 4 paragraph 7 EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is Dr. Wolfram Schroers, Friedrichstr. 123, 10118 Berlin, Germany, email: wolfram.schroers -at - field-theory.org. The policy below explains the manner, extend and purpose for collecting, using and processing personal information by this website.
We want to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access — You have the right to request us for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification — You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure — You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing — You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing — You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability — You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us via (our contact page)[/contact.html].
Upon visiting this website we may store information about the access that has been provided by you or your browser during access. These may include the browser type and version, the language preferences configured in your browser, the operating system, the website that linked to our site (the so-called referrer URL), the date and time of your visit, your browser’s timezone and your IP address. These data is not personalized, but anonymized. It will only be stored and evaluated for statistical purposes in order to improve this website and its services.
This website uses “cookies”, i.e. text files stored by the browser on your computer. You can prevent storage of “cookies” by configuring the browser appropriately. “Cookies” are used to improve usability of this website, e.g. by storing whether a user clicked a popup or not. They do not contain personally identifiable data and are not used to identify the user upon subsequent visits.
Linked Websites and Services
This website offers you a registration for a newsletter. The newsletter provides you with news about this website and related services. In order to receive the newsletter you need to provide a valid email address and optionally your name (this information is voluntary). At the time of registration additional data is acquired and stored (the email address, the name if supplied, the IP address and the date and time of registration). Unfortunately, under current EU regulations it is impossible to abstain from collecting and anonymizing this data and thus we are forced to collect and store all this data. The data is used to prove that registration took place on this website in case we are notified of an abuse of your email address.
For operating the newsletter we use the service provider MailChimp. MailChimp is a service of Rocket Science Group, LLC, 512 Means Street, Suite 404 Atlanta, GA 30318, USA. When you register for the email newsletter all data mentioned above will be transferred to a server operated by MailChimp in the USA and stored at their site. After registration MailChimp is then responsible for sending a subsequent mail with a confirmation link, the so-called “double opt-in”. Information about the data protection offered by MailChimp can be found at: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/. The legal basis for sending the newsletter and the analysis is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a) GDPR. We have signed a GDPR-compliant Data Processing Agreement with Mailchimp.
MailChimp uses so-called web beacons that allow tracking whether and when an email has been opened and which links in the email have been clicked by the recipient. These data are used to align the newsletter to the interests and requirements of the subscribers. The analysis is done based only on anonymized statistical data. MailChimp uses the Google Analytics tool and may use it also within the newsletter. This website has no influence on such activities.
Canceling an existing subscription is possible at any time by clicking the link at the bottom of every mail. When canceling the newsletter the consent to storing and using your data is automatically revoked.
We run webinars using Demio to present ourselves and our services and to communicate with our audience. Demio is a service provided by Demio, Inc, 340 W. Ross Ave, Tampa, Florida 33602, USA. The legal basis for offering webinars and interacting with attendees is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a) GDPR. We have signed a GDPR-compliant Data Processing Agreement with Demio. The specific data protection terms of Demio can be found at https://demio.com/privacy-policy.
We have a Twitter account to present ourselves and our services and to communicate with our audience. Twitter is a service provided by Twitter Inc., 1355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA. We do not have access to this user data. The specific data protection terms of Twitter can be found at https://twitter.com/privacy.
We have an online presence on LinkedIn to present ourselves and our services and to communicate with our audience. LinkedIn is a service of LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Plaza, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Irland, a subsidiary of LinkedIn Corporation, 1000 W. Maude Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94085, USA. We do not have access to this user data. The specific data protection terms of LinkedIn can be found here: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy.
We use the following services provided by Google:
- We have an online presence on YouTube to present ourselves our services and to communicate with our audience.
- This website may also use fonts that are supplied by Google Fonts. This allows us to choose a pleasant design that is easy on the eyes of our readers.
- This website uses Google Maps. This allows us to display interactive maps directly on the website and enables you to conveniently use the map function.
- We use Google Tag Manager services. This service allows us to manage website tags through our own interface.
- We use Google Analytics. This services allows us to understand usage of our website and identify which parts are most useful to our readers and which parts are irrelevant. We activate the IP anonymization feature of Google Analytics on our website. When this feature is activated, Google abbreviates (and thereby anonymizes) the IP address prior to transferring it.
All of these services are offered by Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, a subsidiary of Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043 USA. The legal basis for analyzing these anonymized data of our visitors is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a) GDPR. We have signed a GDPR-compliant Data Processing Agreement with Google. The specific data protection terms of Google can be found here: https://policies.google.com/privacy. You can prevent that this site uses Google Analytics during your visit by downloading and installing a browser plugin that disables Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. Google offers other services to limit tracking, cf. https://adssettings.google.com.
We use SurveyMonkey to conduct surveys and understand the needs of our audience. SurveyMonkey is offered by SurveyMonkey Europe UC, 2nd Floor, 2 Shelbourne Buildings, Shelbourne Road, Dublin, Ireland. The specific data protection terms of LinkedIn can be found here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/mp/legal/privacy-policy/.
At irregular intervals we may publish job descriptions. You can apply for these positions with us. In order to process your application you must provide personal data and enclose attachments required in the job advertisement. The processing of the data serves the selection of future employees. All submitted documents and related data arising in this context is deleted once the data is no longer used for the purpose of the application. This is the case after a maximum period of three months after the end of the application procedure if employment does not take place.
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that we have not addressed your concern satisfactorily, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office:
Unabhängiges Landeszentrum für Datenschutz
Germany / Deutschland
E-mail: mail -at - datenschutzzentrum.de