Hi, my name is Wolfram Schroers. I am a software engineer, author and speaker.
I have been programming since I was in elementary school and really like to learn about new technology. However, for many years of my career I struggled to focus on what really matters.
- Why is my ingenious open source project not getting any traction? But my trivial component and it gets cloned and starred like crazy?
- How come I spent several days writing that blog post and nobody cares to read it?
- What am I doing wrong?
This blog is about my journey to understand what really sets two people apart:
- an engineer who accomplishes remarkable projects (even though she might not be the world’s best programmer), and
- the literal starving artist of the software world who does brilliant work that goes unnoticed.
My goal for you is to understand how to do your best work and get the recognition you deserve! I want to help you to take your software engineering career to the next level!
This website uses the following external software and resources, the terms stated in the respective license shall apply:
- Some images have been supplied by iStockphotos.com, see the license terms.
- Some images have been supplied by unsplash.com, see the license terms.
- This website has been generated with HUGO, licensed under the Apache License.
- The design uses the framework Uikit by Yootheme, licensed under the MIT license.
- The logo has been designed by ei8htz on Fiverr.
- The Clojurescript code has been built with shadow-cljs, licensed under the Eclipse Public License 1.0.
- For the cookie-consent popup this website uses Insites Cookie Consent, licensed under the MIT license.
- For rendering math equations in TeX format we use KaTeX, licensed under the MIT license.
- For the maps display we use Google Maps.
- For a limited number of characters we use Google Fonts.